Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Congratulations GPO Client Lori Hernandez


A Big Congratulations to Lori Hernandez!!!!!....Please read Lori's Testimony below

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Have you ever known those people who you see at the gym who give 100% but nothing ever changes with their body, well that was me. I love working out, I love sweating, and loved those interval workouts on the elliptical, oh yeah that was me.

I started working out in 1998, joining every weight loss program out there, hiring personal trainers and through this journey I might have lost some weight here and there, but it would eventually all come back sooner or later. I even set out to get my Personal Trainers Certification in hopes to learn and understand what I was missing. But yet, something wasn’t clicking. You can learn every exercise out there and read every book about dieting, but putting the two together in unison was the hardest part.

Out of the kindness of my husband’s heart and the hardest thing to say without making me feel bad, he suggested that I go to Phat Camp hosted by Jen Hendershott. Of course with every word, came apologizes. He wanted to assure me that he did not think I was fat, but knowing my struggles and frustrations he knew that Jen, being the two time Ms. Fitness Olympian, he decided that I should give her program a shot. Why not? What did I have to lose?

So I set sail for Ohio, hoping this was the key. Wow! It was the best weekend ever: filled with workout routines, nutritional facts and most of all, girl bonding. It took me to a new level and to a better understanding of what true fitness was all about. I talked with Jen every second I had available. I needed to pick her brain and have her help me understand what I was doing wrong. Graciously she asked me if I wanted her to train me. “OMG, are you kidding, absolutely!”

Jen and I started my new virtual training program in Oct of 2009, weighing in at 176.5. After the first 3 months, dealing with work related obstacles, Thanksgiving and Christmas, I still was able to comprehend what I needed to do. I was learning how to eat clean, mix up cardio routines and use weights that built muscle and burned fat. Viola! it finally all clicked. I learned what “cheat” meals really meant. I learned to eat vegetables, like asparagus, which I never dreamed in a million years I could eat, but it was surprisingly good. I learned the difference between good carbs and bad carbs. I was losing weight and getting educated at the same time. Could this be possible?

Within 3 months, I had already seen such a huge change in my body. Co-workers, people at the gym and even family members, all started committing on how great I was looking. That was the best feeling ever!

Well, here I am 6 months later weighing in at 155. I have realized that the number on the scale is truly just a number. On the other hand, my body looks, feels and functions better than it has in years (lots of years). Did I mention that I can fit into my 16 year old daughter’s jeans? Did I mention that I am more physically fit than my 16 year old daughter, who now is jumping on board with this great program. Not only has my experience with Jen helped me physically but also the mental tools that she has instilled in me will continue with me long after gravity takes its toll on all my hard work.

Phat Camp started it all. I can never say Thank you, enough to Jen Hendershott, for not only helping me mentally, and physically, but for also educating me along the way. All Though Jen was not at the gym with me physically, she was in my head every step of the way. She is so motivating; up lifting and fun to work with, I can never say enough about her. If anyone is looking for a new experience and a fresh start on working out I would, and do recommend Phat Camp. Not only because it has changed how I view my own life but also because of how everyone around me is impacted by the transformation of my own well being.


No comments: