Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Congrats GPO Client Kimberly Vincent

My name is Kimberly Vincent. I live in Kinder, LA.
I got started with the live phat program a year and a half ago. Then went into the phat girlz program. I did 16 weeks of live phat then 12 weeks of phat girlz which led me to my first show.
I definitely would not have been prepared or had known what to expect for my first show. I had been to shows before but obviously that doesn't prepare you. They prepared me for everything from what to have packed on me to when and how to get a tan. Also the support is awesome. That first show was June of 2009. I wanted to compete again this year and figured I would be okay to try this on my own. I was wrong! So I ran to Jen and her girls again to get me to another show this year.
I have learned alot about myself through this journey and am still learning not just about how my body responds but about who I am and what is dear to me. I am and have always been a pretty independant person but I have come to realize ( and admit) that I need support too. Not just with GPO but in my life and with my goals.
I had a few goals coming into GPO. One I wanted to compete to see if it was something i wanted to continue. I've never been on stage for anything, so I knew i would have some fears. I am a trainer myself. I manage a health club and hope to own my own one day soon. So I also want creditablity. I want to take my body to peak condition because everyone says once you have kids or once you are older, you will never have your body back. And you know what they are right! I don't want that body back. I look and feel better now than I ever have in my entire life after having 4 boys by c-section. And lastly.I secretly want to work for Jen one day. So I know i have a long way to go! lol
I would say that i have accomplished these goals. I am not where i see myself but all I can ask for is to look better each show. And I think I am doing that. I learn each time I'm on stage and what I need to work on.
The biggest thing I've learned about myself is I like to have a goal, something to strive for. I want to teach that to my boys. You want something you go out and you fight for it. Life is full of failures but its how we percieve those failures. I choose to learn from them and fail my way to my goals. " fake it till you make it baby!"
Next I have a show in 4 weeks and plan to do Jen's show in October. My goal has changed of course and I would love to compete ( and belong )on a national stage one day.
I know this is a great program first hand. I have met Jen and Latisha in person and you see right through them. What you see is what you get. No sugar coating...Thats an awesome thing! I figured I didn't need the program as much as I did last year, But I may need it more....Now I am spoiled! But seriously, They give you a plan customized for you. You do it! Focus on getting the job done and the results will follow. It's focusing on action and performance rather than "is my butt getting smaller". I trust Jen and her girls and whatever she says I do. They know their stuff and the best part is you will be healthy...no crazy tricks to help you pull it off. I appreicate that!
If you have ever thought of competing before, you should do it! If you are scared and I was .....you don't have be. You dont have to figure it all out on your own. Everyone needs a mentor someone who has been where you want to go and knows how to take you there. That's GPO!

No comments: